DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops accurate long and short range financial objectives for the Food & Beverage Department which are consistent with and supportive to those of GRC as a whole.
2. Establishes and maintains effective internal controls within the department.
3. Communicates effectively with staff in order to facilitate the fulfillment of banquet and special group obligations.
4. Maintains existing programs and develops new concepts and ensure the highest possible quality of food service, as well as, standardizing the portions used and accounting for food, beverage and labor costs.
5. Ensures the availability of adequate facilities and equipment for staff use. Recommends for hire, trains and elicits the productive motivation of all F&B staff.
6. Conducts regular performance appraisals of supervisory staff and ensures the regular and formal performance review of all staff members.
7. Ensures conformance of all operations and activities to established procedures and applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
8. Develops and maintains reports to the General Manager to document the status of the department.
9. All other duties as assigned by the General Manager
To oversee management, budget and operation of food and beverage services for the GRC including the restaurant, bar, banquet services and kitchen. Assumes total responsibility for ensuring an excellent quality of food and excellent guest services and for the financial results generated by the Food and Beverage Department.
Must be age 21 or older. Must qualify for a Tribal Key Gaming License
Minimum of two years of post-secondary education in an applicable discipline, with baccalaureate degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management preferable. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the primary language used in the workplace.
Requires progressively responsible management experience in food and beverage operations. Requires demonstrated success in team building and staff development through the use of a collaborative style of management. Must have competence in the utilization of effective cost control techniques. Requires computer literacy and familiarity with the use of point of sale (Micros) systems.
Requires bending, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, normal visual acuity and hearing. Must have ability to lift up to forty pounds in weight.
How To Apply
All Applicants Must
Benefits Available to Employees
Candidates that are selected for employment are subject to drug and alcohol testing. Failure to adhere to and successfully pass testing will result in revocation of job offer.
Please email Grand River Casino and Resort for additional employment information.