JOB TITLE: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
REPORTS TO: CONTROLLER
Responsible for the maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of timely & accurate financial statements, and the supervision of accounting staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of the general ledger, including the chart of accounts
- Input of journal entries
- Monthly reconciliation of assets & liabilities to the general ledger
- Monthly preparation of financial statements & related schedules
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Provides recommendations for improving the timeliness, accuracy, efficiency and controls involving the organization
- Reconciliation of bank statements and all general ledger accounts
- Maintains proper employee levels and employee related issues in all Accounting supervised departments
- Instructs and trains employees in the proper performance of their duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller
Employee shall comply with all BSA/AML regulations, reporting, and training requirements – Specifically those in the Grand River Casino Written System of Internal Controls (and appendices) for BSA/AML Compliance.
Supervises staff on daily issues and schedule changes. Consults with the Controller on employee issues.
Ability to qualify for either a Key or Primary Gaming License
Must be 21 years of age or older
Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Accounting preferred
2 years experience in the accounting field, either public accounting or private industry preferred
2 years experience working with Excel or Lotus preferred
Strong math, analytical and communication skills
Corrected 20/20 Vision
All Applicants Must
- Qualify for the requirements of the position for which they are applying.
- Qualify for the appropriate gaming license if required.
Benefits Available to Employees
- Competitive Wages
- Exceptional Career Advancement Opportunities
- Weekly Pay
- Wide-ranging Work Schedules
- 401K Plan with a match up to 5%
- Affordable Comprehensive Insurance Plan Including:
Health, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision Care, Life and Disability Insurance, we also offer Low Cost Family Plans
- PTO for Full Time Employees
Year Total Earned a Year
1st year 2+ weeks
2nd-4th year 3+ weeks
5th year + 4+ weeks
- Cash Bonus for Full Time Employees for Perfect Attendance
- Employee Activities
- 50% off on meals in the Rivers’ Edge Restaurant
- 20% discount on merchandise in the Gift Shop
Candidates that are selected for employment are subject to drug and alcohol testing. Failure to adhere to and successfully pass testing will result in revocation of job offer.
Please email Grand River Casino and Resort for additional employment information.