POSITION TITLE: HEAD COOK
REPORTS TO: FOOD & BEVERAGE DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE
SCOPE AND MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: Responsible for training and supervising kitchen staff. Creating food menus, buffet menus, daily food specials and managing food preparation in the restaurant. Ensures that all food prepared is of the best quality to maintain high standards.
SYNOPSIS OF DUTIES:
- Preparing Dishes and managing kitchen operations
- Properly measuring kitchen ingredients and food portions
- Ensuring proper food temperatures when cooking and proper storage afterward
- Keeping the work station and kitchen equipment clean
- Ensuring kitchen staff adhere to set standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements
- Managing the kitchen inventory and ensuring supplies are fresh and of high quality
- Produce high quality food for the buffet, banquets, restaurant and bar
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of the problematic situation
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- Taking on additional responsibilities in the Director/Supervisors absence to ensure the kitchen staff has proper direction
General: Must be age 21 or older. Must qualify for “Non-Gaming” gaming license.
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required. Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Must be able to communicate in the primary language used in the workplace.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years food preparation and demonstrated supervisory skills. Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
Physical: Must be able to stand and exert quick paced mobility for periods of up to 3-5 hours in length. Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel and lift up to 40 lbs in weight. Requires normal vision, reaching, bending, stooping, grasping, finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
All Applicants Must
- Qualify for the requirements of the position for which they are applying.
- Qualify for the appropriate gaming license if required.
Benefits Available to Employees
- Competitive Wages
- Exceptional Career Advancement Opportunities
- Weekly Pay
- Wide-ranging Work Schedules
- 401K Plan with a match up to 5%
- Affordable Comprehensive Insurance Plan Including:
Health, Dental, Prescription Drug, Vision Care, Life and Disability Insurance, we also offer Low Cost Family Plans
- PTO for Full Time Employees
Year Total Earned a Year
1st year 2+ weeks
2nd-4th year 3+ weeks
5th year + 4+ weeks
- Cash Bonus for Full Time Employees for Perfect Attendance
- Employee Activities
- 50% off on meals in the Rivers’ Edge Restaurant
- 20% discount on merchandise in the Gift Shop
Candidates that are selected for employment are subject to drug and alcohol testing. Failure to adhere to and successfully pass testing will result in revocation of job offer.
Please email Grand River Casino and Resort for additional employment information.